There is still much to be thankful for

 


Today I was in Ross and I saw 2 little boys one was about 10 or 11 and his younger brother who was maybe 7. The little brother wanted a nerf gun really bad. The older brother was tring to console him and hug him and tell him maybe he would get it on Christmas eve. He started to cry more and said you know mom cant afford it. I felt like the world was in slow motion and my heart was breaking . I had $25 dollars in my purse. I told the older brother I have a sister and I enjoyed playing with her and having fun when we were kids and I would of done anything to make her happy. I still would, So heres $25 buy your brother the nerf gun from you. His eyes got really big and he said God Bless You . I know I know it sounds like a scene in a movie . I walked away fast and checked out . I did not want his mom to get upset that I gave him money lol . Truth be told had I more cash on me I would of given him more. But as I went throughout my day I recalled the scene because it really is what this season is all about . Giving. I wish that I could help so many more people. I did help a few . And I reflect on all the times I needed help and someone helped me. My best friend has helped me more times than I can count and to some degree I may never truly be able to repay or thank her for all that she has done for me. But in moments like today I think of her and how she so freely and generously helped me when I really needed it. And I hope I honor the spirit of that every time I find a chance to pay it forward into the universe.. 

On a sad note someone backed into and t boned my oldest sons car today. He is ok which is all that matters but the car may not be. Cannot catch a break . Its as if I breath and exhale and some new catastrophe appears. I really hope and pray the insurance will sort it out fix it or pay for it. Ugh. Was there anything else ? No I better not ask that. 

Christmas is so close. I cant wait to see my sister and her family. 

I give thanks to God that despite pretty much the worst year ever there is still much to thankful for. And I do mean that. My heart is numb in places but hey its still beating. 

What am I going to do with this next year of life? I hope everything I have planned . I have sensed for awhile the tide has turned on a few things and I pray its for the better . 

I need a gym . Can you believe Im saying that lol. 

Goodnight. 

“Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead.”

― F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Comments

Popular Posts