The get over it society

 


 I awoke to a message from someone asking me when I might rejoin the world and if I will still be posting deals. If not could I please help find a deal for a new mattress. I just recently replaced every mattress in my home and I also am a serious deal shopper and poster of good deals I find . The last sentence though catches my eye. Are you not posting deals because your upset Trump lost?  I know its been a hard election but we all just need to get over it already. Hmmm. 

   This message sent me overthinking. Why do we push people to just "get over" everything . Why is that idea of brushing things aside and forging forward with no further time thought or energy spent so highly valued? Im all for going forward with grace but I also think people have to do that in their own time. For the record no I am not "not" posting deals because Trump lost lol. I am taking a break from this exact kind of bs.      When my Dad died there was an outpouring of condolences and messages of "how are you" for all of about 2 days then...radio silence. That is because that's about all this society allows and then its time to "get over it".  It really is kind of a sick message that we send. I think part of why we have so many anxious overwhelmed people in the world is because nothing gets dealt with properly. Its pushed down and put away for some other day . A day that never comes . But hey at least we are "over it" .  We do and say these things as a way to forget . But some things don't need to be forgotten just dealt with in the right manner,  folded and put away in its proper place . 

       Anyhow wanted to get that out of the way . I usually prefer writing at night but I am learning to take advantage of when then urge to write occurs. 

   I had to log on to Facebook for a few minutes . Like a horse with blinders on in a race I made a quick beeline to the page I needed to get to, got the info and logged off. 


I did not stop on any pages or read any posts. I didn't wish anyone a happy birthday. I passed the test! Yeah!! The page in question is an Ebay support group and on Mondays people post what sold over the past week. I keep a close eye on that stuff as it all helps me when im out sourcing for things to sell. 

  I plan on making a delicious turkey breast dinner tonight . I picked it up at Trader Joes and am interested to see how it turns out. I love turkey and it always seems welcome at this time of year. 


 I may go play bingo for the first time in almost a year! 

  My thoughts have already turned to Christmas and I am making little moves here and there to start down that road . Last year i was somewhat last minute on some things and that is very unlike me. I could sense a slight bit of disappointment that certain things were not done or we didn't get around to some things we normally do. This year I want to try and make it a little extra merry especially since we have had the year from hell. 

By the time I share the link to this blog we will be much closer to Christmas . 

Several weeks back my dog Ollie lost the ability to walk after a back injury . Its been a long road . But we continue to see glimmers of hope that he may yet still walk. I certainly hope so. 

  I continue to enter sweepstakes daily. I have had a real run of good luck with that the last few months. Winning prizes is alot of fun and and a free way to pass the time . I use that as a way to give myself a mental break from my businesses . 

  Speaking of which there is a mound of things with my name on it that I need to get posted . 


    “The cigarettes you light one after another won’t help you forget her.”

― Frank Sinatra




Comments

Popular Posts