Black Friday ramblings

   It’s not the years, honey. It’s the mileage.—Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark

    I feel the mileage trust me . Tiredddddd. I had stayed up the night before till 1 am cooking food for my family for Thanksgiving. Determined they should have that meal regardless if Im there to partake with them or not. I ended up working the worst holiday I have ever seen in the restaurant business. Abysmal. Last year we did almost a thousand covers yesterday maybe 150. The economic fallout from Covid grows.  I also woke up to the fact that someone compromised my husbands card and tried buying gold and silver . Eyeroll times 10. The amount of people out there that commit fraud on the internet is insane. Luckily i saw it right away and was able to alert the bank. But still so irritating. 

      Today I had to wake up early and do Black Friday. For the first time in years it was actually ON Friday. I only had a few places I needed to go . It was ho hum at best . But I did get time to spend with my daughters and that always makes the effort worthwhile. Had to work today as well. It was dead. 

Mr M and I are well on our way with watching Game of Thrones . I am not all that enchanted by it but not quite bored either so I will continue. There was one scene where a man takes a sickle to the chest because some other dude was being a jerk to his wife. I said to my husband hey I hope you love me enough to take a sickle to the chest should that situation ever arise. He nodded and assured me he was down. And that's true love folks haha. I love him so much he really is the best . I thank every lucky star I ever had in this world that he is mine .  

I really wish that the gym was open. Its been closed forever and that sucks.

 Christmas will be exciting this year as my sister and her clan are headed out here for a few days . I am excited and looking forward to that. The more the merrier. 

I got an adorable bear hooded jacket for Lassie and she is unsure if she likes it lol but she looks a bit Ewok like in it and I love it. 



I still need a haircut and Ollie still cant walk. I don't know at this point if he ever will. Sad face on that, Even though he is content I know he wishes he could walk and I feel so bad for him .

I am pretty sure the world is still in peril although I have not read the news in the past few days . I suppose I should catch up. Although I dont know why I bother as there's never anything good to be read.  I am so grateful for the many podcasts I listen to and the Patriots I am friends with that provide the best food for thought . I consider myself lucky to be married to someone whom shares both views and values that align with my own . I enjoy being able t talk to him about so many things that drive me crazy and beg more in depth conversations.  



“Dying for the right cause. It’s the most human thing we can do.” — Freysa, Blade Runner 2049


 

   


Comments

Popular Posts